Skip to content

05-21-2013 Deputies Arrest Man for Aggravated Assault

by on May 21, 2013

          MAY 21, 2013.



ParkerCounty Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Weatherford man after responding to a disturbance call Monday evening.

ParkerCounty Sheriff Larry Fowler said the call came in just after 9 p.m., May 20, 2013 in the 1800 block of Mineral Wells Highway after a report of several males involved in a physical altercation.

Deputies arrived and located the victim who sustained a large laceration to his forehead and was bleeding heavily from his head and mouth. The victim was unable to speak with deputies due to his injuries.

Numerous witnesses on scene reported two males wearing black were walking on the roadway in the dark. Several passersby reportedly had to swerve in order not to hit the males.

One motorist stopped and a passenger got out of the vehicle to check on the pedestrians.

When the driver lost sight of the passenger, he drove around in an attempt to locate the passenger, later locating him with injuries on Mineral Wells Highway. Witnesses reported the male subjects fled to a nearby apartment complex, where they were later located by deputies.

When the subjects observed deputies, they immediately fled into an apartment and secured the door behind them. Deputies eventually made contact with the subjects. The suspect, identified as Gray Shadoe Taylor, 21, told deputies he “flipped the occupants in the vehicle off,” while the pair was walking down the road and the driver turned around, so he fled to the apartment complex and retrieved an aluminum baseball bat. Taylor also told deputies the passenger of the vehicle approached him on the front porch of his residence with a raised fist in an attempt to assault him so he struck the victim in “self-defense.”

A Sheriff’s report indicates no blood or evidence was found on or near the porch as Taylor had reported. Deputies searched the area and found fresh blood spatter about 75 yards away from Taylor’s residence, contradicting his story.

Taylor additionally stated he had an acquaintance “toss” the bat into a ravine. The bat was recovered by deputies and secured as evidence.

Taylor was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and tampering with physical evidence. The victim was transported to a Fort WorthHospital for treatment. His condition at this time is unknown. As of Tuesday afternoon, Taylor remained incarcerated at the Parker County Jail. His bond was set at $80,000. The case is currently under investigation with the Sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Division.

From → Media

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: